- Why does seeing methylation matter?The four traditional bases make up the genetic code which is a vital foundation for all living systems. But DNA methylation affects how and when genes are expressed. Capturing both genetic and epigenetic information is essential to understanding normal biology and disease states, as well as developing precision therapies.
- Will this solution require changes to our existing sequencing pipeline?No, the duet multiomic solution +modC integrates seamlessly with your current Illumina sequencer.
- How long does the duet multiomic solution +modC workflow take?Our workflow is similar to other standard library preparation and sequencing workflows, with an assay turnaround time of less than 16 hours and an assay hands on time of less than 8 hours.
- How are you able to detect epigenetic modifications in my sample?Our duet multiomics solution +modC protects cytosines that display epigenetic markers during library preparation without degrading your sample, and our bioinformatics pipeline supresses sequencing errors and furthermore highlights modified cytosines as a fifth genetic letter. For more information on how this occurs, read our paper here.
- What's in the box?duet multiomics solution +modC contains:
- a pre-sequencing workflow, comprised of 2 boxes containing all the necessary reagents to create 8 or 24 sequencer-ready libraries with ligated Illumina adaptors.
- a post-sequencing analysis software module, which can be deployed on premises or on the cloud, and provides phased genetic variant calls plus modified C at read level in VCF, Quant and BED Methyl formats.
Tell us what you need
Find out how our solution can help you gain a deeper understanding of biology